Graduation Information for the Class of 2024
Eugene IHS Graduation: Friday, June 7, 6:00pm, Hult Center for the Performing Arts
Eugene IHS Timeline:
– April 17,18,19: Eugene IHS Graduation and Farewell Assembly Auditions in April. We need musicians, performers, and speakers for the Eugene IHS Graduation and Farewell Assembly. Students can sign up using this link: Signupgenius site here. Information is also posted in the hallways and senior classrooms on each campus.
– Mid-April: Eugene IHS Graduation Inserts available in April. Eugene IHS Graduation Announcement Inserts to insert and mail along with the host school graduation announcements will be available at no cost in the Eugene IHS offices by the end of April.
– Monday, May 13: Eugene IHS Graduation Tickets will be available in Eugene IHS offices beginning May 13. There will be no charge for graduation tickets, limit 6 tickets per senior May 13-24. After May 24 tickets available until we run out.
– Wednesday, June 5: Eugene IHS Graduation Rehearsal for ALL SENIORS: June 5, 8:30-9:35am, South Eugene High School Auditorium.
– Wednesday, June 5: Eugene IHS Farewell Assembly: June 5, 9:45am-11:00am, South Eugene High School Auditorium. Seniors will stay for this following graduation rehearsal.
– Friday, June 7: Eugene IHS Graduation Tech Rehearsal at Hult Center for Performers/Speakers Friday, June 9 at 2:30pm. Details will be shared with the performers/ speakers as we get closer to the event and students will be excused from their 8th period classes.
– Friday, June 7: Eugene IHS Graduation: Friday, June 7, 6:00pm, Hult Center for the Performing Arts. Tickets required for entrance. (Seniors arrive at 5:00pm for group photo. Doors open at 5:15 for seating.)
Eugene IHS offices will be closed in the afternoon on June 7th due to preparation and set-up for graduation so make sure you get your graduation tickets before the day of graduation.
Eugene IHS Graduation Tickets: Tickets will be available in Eugene IHS offices beginning May 15. There will be no charge for graduation tickets, limit 6 tickets per= senior May 15-30. After May 30 tickets available until we run out.
Tickets are General Admission by section: All tickets are general seating in the Orchestra and Mezzanine sections. Each section is printed as a different color, but all tickets say general admission so the ticket holder is allowed to sit in whichever seat they choose in their allotted section. All audience members need a ticket.
ADA Seating: Any inquiries regarding ADA needs or special accommodations for guests of graduates at the Hult Center should be directed to Louise Thomas Vails at the Hult Center at Lthomas@eugene-or.gov.
MANDATORY Eugene IHS Graduation Rehearsal, Wednesday, June 5th for ALL SENIORS in the South Eugene Auditorium. At 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday, June 5, seniors will gather in the South Eugene Auditorium for their graduation rehearsal. At 9:45 a.m., the seniors will join juniors, sophomores, and freshmen to participate in the Eugene IHS Farewell Assembly. At this assembly, we will recognize the achievements of students in grades 9 through 12. We need most of the seats for the students, and the intended audience is the Eugene IHS student body. If you would like to attend, please contact the Eugene IHS office to make arrangements. Standing room may be all that is available. Students will go to lunch and attend periods 5-8 after the assembly. Seniors need to transport themselves to South for the graduation rehearsal. If your senior student will need transportation on a school bus back to Sheldon or Churchill after the assembly please let the IHS office know.
Eugene IHS Graduation Tech Rehearsal, Friday, June 7th, 2:30pm: All student performers/speakers must come to back stage of the Hult Center at 2:30pm on Friday, June 7 for a sound check. You will be excused from your 8th period class. Enter through the backstage door in the alley. You can leave once you are checked. You will not be there past 4:00pm. All Eugene IHS offices will be closed in the afternoon on Friday, June 7, for graduation setup and activities.
Eugene IHS Graduation Ceremony – Friday, June 7, 2023, 6:00pm, Hult Center for the Performing Arts:
• Students arrive at 5:00pm for a group photo outside on the steps between the Hult Center and the Graduate Hotel. At 5:30pm students will walk from the class photo through the studio to backstage to take your place on stage for the graduation ceremony.
• Student Attire: Students should dress nicely as they would for a nice restaurant or event. We encourage students to wear their IB stoles and any other honor cords they receive if they would like to. Students should NOT wear their host school cap and gowns and will need to bring their belongs with them on stage or give them to their family members.
• Doors open at 5:15 for seating.
• All tickets for graduation are general admission seating and audience members will not be able to save blocks of seats.
• Parking in the Hult Center parking garage is $6.
• Make sure you have your graduation tickets in advance because tickets will not be available at the door.
• Eugene IHS offices will be closed in the afternoon on June 7 due to preparation and set-up for graduation.
• Any inquiries regarding ADA needs or special accommodations for guests of graduates at the Hult Center should be directed to Louise Thomas Vails at the Hult Center at Lthomas@eugene-or.gov.
• If you or anyone in your group will need a translator for graduation please let your IHS Secretary know at the time of ticket pick up.
• You may take your own photos (without the flash) or videos.
Class of 2024 Group Photo: There will be a Class of 2024 group photo for you to purchase. Information will be coming soon.
Eugene IHS Diploma: To earn the honorary Eugene International High School diploma, students must complete grades eleven and twelve in Eugene IHS with passing grades, complete three years of world language study, complete the CAS requirements (Creativity, Activity, Service), and satisfy requirements for high school graduation. If a student has not fulfilled requirements for the Eugene IHS Diploma at the time of our graduation ceremony their diploma will not be in their cover on graduation night. If there is a mistake or a delay in record keeping please contact the Eugene IHS secretary on your campus as soon as possible after graduation night to get the records cleared and to pick up your diploma.